The last two weeks at New Music On The Point were formative, tranquil, and simultaneously eventful. Waking up to the distant, mellow sound of the four upright bass players warming up, the scent of Jack Pine and Sycamore gently sway through the cool Vermont air. Special collaborations happen every day, including playing percussion on two premiers:
- Rinse & Repeat by Stephen Ryan Jackson
- Unpinned Momentum by Kimia Koochakzadeh
Other collaborations include established pieces:
- Always Very Soft by John luther Adams
- Earth and the Great Weather by John Luther Adams
- Coming Together by Frederic Rzewski
A solo performance of Rzewski's To The Earth felt fitting in the presence of the man whom it was written for, Jan Williams.